"Some people underestimate how erotic it is to be understood."
A blog for pretty things and occasionally serious thoughts and political venting. Common tags are animals, art, mountaineering, politics, feminism, and you can look at other tags here. askbox!
I also have a blog for stupid, silly things at DUDESIR and a fandom blog at rimmerslustmonster.
Not to mention all the other money that furries generate that go to charity:
Each year, Further Confusion donates money to selected charities. Funds are raised both from its charity auction and from a direct grant given by the convention itself. The following charities have benefitted since Further Confusion was founded:
- 1999: ($3,500) Coyote Point Museum and Therapy Pets
- 2000: ($6,000) The Cartoon Art Museum and Friends of the Sea Otter
- 2001: ($7,240) The Oakland Zoo and The Barry R. Kirshner Wildlife Foundation
- 2002: ($5,200) The Comic Book Legal Defense Fund and Tiger Touch
- 2003: ($6,000) Pets Are Wonderful Support (PAWS) and The Seymour Marine Discovery Center
- 2004: ($10,000) Bay Area Bears and The Exotic Feline Breeding Center
- 2005: ($10,000) Therapy Pets and Friends of Lulu
- 2006: ($15,000) Wildlife Companions and the Comic Book Legal Defense Fund
- 2007: ($16,000) Golden State Greyhounds and Stanislaus Wildlife Rehabilitation
- 2008: ($22,000) House Rabbit Society, Rattie Ratz, and Wildcare
- 2009: ($16,000) Mountain Lion Foundation, and Guide Dogs for the Blind
- 2010: ($18,114) Therapy Pets, Guide Dogs for the Blind, NARF Animal Rescue, Best Friends Animal Society (Haiti disaster animal rescue)
To date, the total amount donated to local charities by Further Confusion stands at $119,054.
AND AND AND! Look how happy that kid is petting the soft, big puppy! You can raise all the money in the world, but that kid will NEVER forget being able to pet the big puppy. THAT, ladies and gentlemen, is why I stay a furry, despite all the negative connotations of the group. And yes, that money for charity, it’s amazing stuff.
Thought it was interesting to reblog all these listed charities. I was wondering which specific ones conventions had donated to.
This makes me happy.
In the UK there is a con to raise money for protecting Scottish Wildcats
Always nice to see this circle back to my dash.
Also very in the spirit of our own raffle that is starting this monday. Details will be announced at the Live stream tonight and posted officially tomorrow YUP.
To follow all posts related to the raffle. simply follow the fyfraffle tag
You, stop scrolling, we need to address some things about Hyperbole and a Half writer Allie Brosh. Think calling her the voice of a generation is going too far? Bullshit. This woman is one of the most real, relatable, creative, funny, and vulnerable writers of all time. From the pants-wettingly hilarious God of Cake to the needed-to-said-but-everyone’s-too-afraid-to-talk about it Adventures in Depression, Allie’s posts have genius pacing and are fantastic at highlighting the wonderful idiosyncrasies that make her who she is. She’s willing to let us in to aspects of her life that she doesn’t even understand so that people going through similar things can feel less fucking alone in a world that vilifies and over simplifies the complexities of mental illness. Allie doesn’t smile for you, or hand you bullshit platitudes because that. doesn’t. fucking. help. She’ll laugh when she’s damn well ready to laugh and she’ll cry when she damn well needs to cry, and you’ll do both with her because she speaks to the parts of all of us that we thought were too weird and too complicated to be understood.
This woman’s stuff is so funny I have laughed until breathless and exhausted, wiping tears from my eyes.
Effects Of Thinking White People Are “All Like That”:
- Literally nothing other than white people having their feelings hurt on the internet
- I’m not joking there is no real world consequence of this
Effects Of Thinking People of Color Are “All Like That”:
- Saudi student is literally surrounded by FBI for cooking rice under terrorist suspicions
- White people literally can not associate positive words with Black faces because of racism
- More white people use drugs but Black people are sent to jail for drugs at 10 times the rate that white people are
- Black people who “sound Black” earn less money than those who don’t because of associations with stereotypes. Black people who “sound Black” are less likely to get called back for jobs
- Black children grow up literally associating being Black with being bad and ugly
- White people when tested shot more unarmed Black subjects than armed and unarmed white subjects
- Hate crimes increase after Boston tragedy
- Moroccan High School Student is linked to Boston tragedy for being Brown
- Bangladeshi man is beaten by people out of racism
- NYPD Commissioner wants Black and Latino men to fear him after the police targeted literally 90 percent Black and Latino men in New York and humiliating them by frisking them in public under the assumption that they had weapons. Studies found that white men were the ones who overwhelmingly had weapons while Black and Latino men didn’t
- White people blaming and convicting Black men for crimes they never committed and everyone believing them because of racism
- Stop and Frisk, ruled unconstitutional was practiced by New York police disproportionately and unfairly affecting 90% Black and Latino men because of racism
- Universities throwing racist ‘Fiesta Party’ homogenizing culture with extreme racism
- Here are some of the numbers on hate crimes against People of Color and btw, Neo Naziism is increasing!
- Every 28 Hours an African American is Extrajudicially Murdered in the U.S.
- Black people 3 times more likely to be arrested for Marijuana
- Black people receive much harsher sentencing than white people for the same crimes do I need to go on?
But yeah, white people’s feelings :*(
I saw this repost earlier today and it shattered my heart.
Wonder how long it will take for some champion anon to chime in with “well you should be lucky anyone even cares about ur art” or “its on the internet so it’ll be reposted, deal with it”.
There is no excuse for reposting art and it is perfectly reasonable for an artist to want credit, whether they draw fanart, sketches, official art, commercial art, art you like, art you don’t like, photos, cosplay, writing, literally anything.
Stop reposting art, please.
I am begging you. Stop.
Seriously. For most artists, posting their art online leads to freelance opportunities. If you don’t credit the artist how are they supposed to get those opportunities to further develop their art and make money.
I don’t know if this is the case with every artist butmost artists like to see the feedback their getting for their art whether it’s positive or a critique. And they enjoy getting acknowledged for the hard work they’ve put into that piece.
Please always tag any art you post!